- 1 carrot, cut into pieces
- 1 brown onion, cut into halves
- 1 garlic clove
- 20 g olive oil
- 400 g water
- 800 g canned diced tomatoes (2 cans)
- 30 g tomato paste
- 2 tsp Vegetable stock paste
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into thin slices
- 200 g zucchini, cut into thin slices (0.5 cm), slices cut into halves
- 150 g frozen green peas or fresh green peas
- 200 g fresh mushrooms, cut into thin strips
- 200 g feta cheese, cut into cubes (2 cm)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 350 g short pasta (e.g. penne, conchiglie, fusilli)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place carrot, onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add olive oil and sauté 3 min/120°C/speed 1.
Add water, tomatoes, tomato paste and stock paste to mixing bowl. Place Varoma dish into position and place red capsicum into it. Weigh zucchini, peas, mushrooms and feta into Varoma dish. Season vegetables and feta with salt, oregano and thyme then secure Varoma lid and steam 9 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Remove Varoma. Add pasta to mixing bowl, then place Varoma back into position and cook 10-12 min/Varoma//speed , or until pasta and vegetables are cooked to your preference.
Combine pasta, vegetables and feta and serve immediately.
Please refer to The Basic Cookbook for the Vegetable stock paste recipe.
Different shaped pasta may vary slightly in cooking time. Adjust cooking time to ensure pasta is cooked al dente. Pasta that is cooked al dente is tender, but still firm to the bite.
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Thermomix cooking class and also in our Everyday Cooking for Thermomix Families cookbook and recipe chip //bit.ly/1UTY2Ab
Other users also liked...
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Quick carrot dhal
- Sweet Potato and Quinoa Patties
- Polenta gnocchi in creamy pumpkin sauce
- Baked Falafel Bites
- Savory lentil mince with Rice and Tofu
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Braised Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Choc Protein Balls
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Supersoft Bread
- Variation Never Fail Fluffy Bread