- 1 carrot, cut into pieces
- 1 brown onion, cut into halves
- 1 garlic clove
- 20 g olive oil
- 400 g water
- 800 g canned diced tomatoes (2 cans)
- 30 g tomato paste
- 2 tsp Vegetable stock paste
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into thin slices
- 200 g zucchini, cut into thin slices (0.5 cm), slices cut into halves
- 150 g frozen green peas or fresh green peas
- 200 g fresh mushrooms, cut into thin strips
- 200 g feta cheese, cut into cubes (2 cm)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 350 g short pasta (e.g. penne, conchiglie, fusilli)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place carrot, onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add olive oil and sauté 3 min/120°C/speed 1.
Add water, tomatoes, tomato paste and stock paste to mixing bowl. Place Varoma dish into position and place red capsicum into it. Weigh zucchini, peas, mushrooms and feta into Varoma dish. Season vegetables and feta with salt, oregano and thyme then secure Varoma lid and steam 9 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Remove Varoma. Add pasta to mixing bowl, then place Varoma back into position and cook 10-12 min/Varoma//speed , or until pasta and vegetables are cooked to your preference.
Combine pasta, vegetables and feta and serve immediately.
Please refer to The Basic Cookbook for the Vegetable stock paste recipe.
Different shaped pasta may vary slightly in cooking time. Adjust cooking time to ensure pasta is cooked al dente. Pasta that is cooked al dente is tender, but still firm to the bite.
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Thermomix cooking class and also in our Everyday Cooking for Thermomix Families cookbook and recipe chip //bit.ly/1UTY2Ab
Other users also liked...
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Breakfast Beans
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli
- Spicy Kale and quinoa salad
- Stir Fry Green Beans
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- LS Spelt Bread
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Swirl Layered Mooncake
- Lactation Cookies
- Black bean milk
- Vegan Cashew Cheese