- 1 carrot, cut into pieces
- 1 brown onion, cut into halves
- 1 garlic clove
- 20 g olive oil
- 400 g water
- 800 g canned diced tomatoes (2 cans)
- 30 g tomato paste
- 2 tsp Vegetable stock paste
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into thin slices
- 200 g zucchini, cut into thin slices (0.5 cm), slices cut into halves
- 150 g frozen green peas or fresh green peas
- 200 g fresh mushrooms, cut into thin strips
- 200 g feta cheese, cut into cubes (2 cm)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 350 g short pasta (e.g. penne, conchiglie, fusilli)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place carrot, onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add olive oil and sauté 3 min/120°C/speed 1.
Add water, tomatoes, tomato paste and stock paste to mixing bowl. Place Varoma dish into position and place red capsicum into it. Weigh zucchini, peas, mushrooms and feta into Varoma dish. Season vegetables and feta with salt, oregano and thyme then secure Varoma lid and steam 9 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Remove Varoma. Add pasta to mixing bowl, then place Varoma back into position and cook 10-12 min/Varoma//speed , or until pasta and vegetables are cooked to your preference.
Combine pasta, vegetables and feta and serve immediately.
Please refer to The Basic Cookbook for the Vegetable stock paste recipe.
Different shaped pasta may vary slightly in cooking time. Adjust cooking time to ensure pasta is cooked al dente. Pasta that is cooked al dente is tender, but still firm to the bite.
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Thermomix cooking class and also in our Everyday Cooking for Thermomix Families cookbook and recipe chip //bit.ly/1UTY2Ab
Other users also liked...
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli
- Spicy Kale and quinoa salad
- Stir Fry Green Beans
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)
- Pulled pork style seitan (vegan meat)
- Vegetable Bake
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Winter vegetable soup with Asian flavours
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Lemon Detox Bliss Balls
- German spelt bread
- Devilled Sausages (Healthy Mummy style)
- Chocolate on Chocolate Cheescake
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- milo and oat bliss balls
- Fully Loaded Risotto
- Jaffa Cheesecake Slice
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Wholemeal Spinach and Cheese Scroll - WA School Canteen Approved (Green)