- 1 carrot, cut into pieces
- 1 brown onion, cut into halves
- 1 garlic clove
- 20 g olive oil
- 400 g water
- 800 g canned diced tomatoes (2 cans)
- 30 g tomato paste
- 2 tsp Vegetable stock paste
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into thin slices
- 200 g zucchini, cut into thin slices (0.5 cm), slices cut into halves
- 150 g frozen green peas or fresh green peas
- 200 g fresh mushrooms, cut into thin strips
- 200 g feta cheese, cut into cubes (2 cm)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 350 g short pasta (e.g. penne, conchiglie, fusilli)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place carrot, onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add olive oil and sauté 3 min/120°C/speed 1.
Add water, tomatoes, tomato paste and stock paste to mixing bowl. Place Varoma dish into position and place red capsicum into it. Weigh zucchini, peas, mushrooms and feta into Varoma dish. Season vegetables and feta with salt, oregano and thyme then secure Varoma lid and steam 9 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Remove Varoma. Add pasta to mixing bowl, then place Varoma back into position and cook 10-12 min/Varoma//speed , or until pasta and vegetables are cooked to your preference.
Combine pasta, vegetables and feta and serve immediately.
Please refer to The Basic Cookbook for the Vegetable stock paste recipe.
Different shaped pasta may vary slightly in cooking time. Adjust cooking time to ensure pasta is cooked al dente. Pasta that is cooked al dente is tender, but still firm to the bite.
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Thermomix cooking class and also in our Everyday Cooking for Thermomix Families cookbook and recipe chip //bit.ly/1UTY2Ab
Other users also liked...
- Veg Nachos Recipe
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Ooba Healthy'ish' Curried Sausages
- Marion Grasby's Spicy Sichuan Wontons
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Citrus Fruit Mamalade
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Apple Fruit Jam
- Baba Ganoush Chicken
- Fresh Veg and Chicken Soup with Steamed Chicken
- Lamb Shanks