- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, Halved
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 420 gram Can Three Bean Mix, Drained, Rinsed
- 400 gram can brown lentils, Drained, Rinsed
- 400 gram can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon TM Vegetable Paste
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 280 gram basmati rice
- 2 Avocados, Peeled, Halved, Stone Discarded
- sour cream
- Corn chips
- 900 gram water
- 100 gram water
8Recipe is created for
Insert the simmering basic and measure out 280 grams of basmati rice. Add 900 grams of water and rinse the rice by mixing it for 10 seconds on speed 5. Cook the rice between 13-16 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 4. Remove basket with the aid of the spatula and pour rice into a Thermoserver.
Rinse bowl well. No need to dry.
Place the onion and garlic into the TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Add oil and saute for 2 minutes at 100c on speed 1.
Add the dry spices and thyme and saute for a further 1 minute on 100c on speed 1.
Then add the tomato paste and cook for a further 30 seconds on 100c on speed 1.
Add the beans, lentils, tomatoes, 100 gram of water and 1 generous tablespoon of TM Vegetabls stock paste. Cook for 15 minutes on 100c on REVERSE speed 1.
Once the cooking has finished, stir in the coriander.
Divide the steamed rice among 4 serving bowls, place and avocado half in each. Top with the chilli, sour cream, black pepper, and extra coriander. Serve with corn chips and cheese if desired.
Don't be put off by how many ingredients are in this recipe, they are household staples and it seriously takes minutes to prepare and thankfully yee old faithful TM does all the rest!
I have converted this recipe from Valli Little's 'Delicious' Quick Smart Cookbook.
My recommendation in this recipe is to increase the cumin from 1 teaspoon to a whole tablespoon.
Enjoy! It is our midweek staple and the whole family loves it. Including the 4 year old twins!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Sweet Potato Congee
- 2 in 1 chicken corn soup and baby food
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Basil pesto
- Creamy spiced yoghurt dressing
- Smokey Bacon Dip
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Honey Sriracha Marinade
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free