- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- handful of fresh parsley, oregano and basil
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1x 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 Jar Passata sauce
- 1 teaspoon TMX veggie stock concentrate
- 120 grams walnuts
- 120 grams rolled oats
- 1 onion
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 grams olive oil
- Put the onion, garlic, celery, carrot and herbs in TM bowl, chop 3 secs/speed 7
- Add oil and sauté 5 min/"Gentle stir setting" /100°C with MC off
- Add tomatoes, stock and sauce. Cook 20 min/"Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting" /100°C
- Set aside in a large bowl. Wash and dry the TM Bowl.
- Put walnuts, oats and parsley in TM bowl. Mix 2 secs/"No counter-clockwise operation" /speed 6. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Put the onion in the TM bowl. Chop 3 secs/speed 7.
- Add olive oil and sauté 3 mins/Varoma temp/speed 1.
- Add the walnut mixture, egg, salt and pepper to the onions and mix 5 secs/speed 3 or until well combined.
- Heat some extra olive oil in a pan. Shape the mixture into balls and cook until browned on both sides.
- Add half of the pasta sauce to the pan over the top of the walnut balls and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
Accessories you need
This dish is great served with pasta, or quinoa and parmesan cheese.
You can freeze any leftovers.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower Mornay
- Souffle - Spinach
- Pantry Lentil Curry
- Butter Chickpeas by The Thermo Niche
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- Spinach and Ricotta Filo Pie
- Chorizo Fettucini with Spinach, Parmesan & Lemon Herb Butter
- Birria Tacos - TikTok Tacos
- Chelsea Winter Morrocan Chicken and Apricot Salad
- Hearty Mince and Macaroni Casserole
- Cheats High Protein Nacho’s
- Thai-Inspired Peanut Superfood Slaw
- Picnic eggs
- Turkey Stuffing
- Dill Sauce
- Chicken Chorizo and Cheese Sausage Rolls