- 180 grams onion, (one large)
- 50 grams Celery, (one stick)
- 100 grams carrot, (one large)
- 100 grams mushrooms
- 100 grams walnuts
- 100 grams oats
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams feta
- 50 grams bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 sheets Puff pastry
- sesame seeds, (optional)
- spray oil or butter to brush pastry
- chia seeds, (optional for egg-free version - see tips)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
PRE-HEAT YOUR OVEN TO 180 DEGREES AND LINE OR GREASE TWO OVEN TRAYS.
Using the scales, add the following to the bowl; 180g onion, peeled and quartered, 50g celery, 100g carrot, quartered and 100g mushrooms. Chop on 5 seconds/Speed 5/MC on. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Using the scales, add the following to the bowl; 100g walnuts, 100g oats and 1 teaspoon of tomato paste. Mix 3 seconds/Speed 6/MC on. Scrape down the bowl.
Using the scales, add the following to the bowl; 3 eggs, 150g feta, 50g bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon of mixed dried herbs and 1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce. Mix 20 seconds/Speed 5/MC on.
Sit bowl aside, ready to place filling onto puff pastry sheets.
Cut each of the three ready-made puff pastry sheets in half. Spoon the mixture along one of the long edges of the pastry. Be careful not to overfill. The mixture should be used evenly across your 6 rectangles of puff.
Roll/fold the pastry over,starting with the filling side; the long edges should just slightly overlap. This will ensure the filling stays in the pastry and will not leak out the bottom. Make sure this seam is at the bottom when baking.
Cut each log/roll into quarters. You can cut them smaller if you need more "sausage rolls".
Set the rolls out onto oven trays (grease them first if need be). Then using your choice of spray oil or butter, coat the tops of the rolls and sprinkle them with sesame seeds.
Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
PREPARING THE FILLING
ASSEMBLING THE ROLLS
If you need more than 24 rolls then you can use more puff pastry sheets and little less filling in each "log".
If you need an egg free version, use chia seeds. Mill two tablespoons of chia in the thermie before you start. Transfer it to a small bowl and add 50ml of water to the chia powder. Allow it to sit so it turns "egg-like". Use this instead of the three eggs when the recipe calls for it.
I sometimes add grated cheese to the top, to give them a bit of a jazz up.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Breakfast Beans
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli
- Spicy Kale and quinoa salad
- Stir Fry Green Beans
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- ❤Cheesy Bacon Cob Loaf❤
- ❤Spinach Cob Dip❤
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce
- Easy budget sausage rolls
- Steamed chicken quinoa vegetable soup
- Devilled ham spread