- 80-100 g fresh ginger, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 Pear, (approx. 170 g), unpeeled, cut into quarters and core removed
- 5 granny smith apples, (approx. 550 g), unpeeled, cut into quarters and cores removed
- 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 40 g lemon juice, (approx. 1 lemon)
- 120 g water
- 600-700 g white sugar, (weight is approximate)
6h 15minPreparation 6h 15minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Line a shallow baking tin (25 x 16 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
Place ginger into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add pear, apples, lemon zest, lemon juice and water and chop 10 sec/speed 5, then cook 30 min/100°C/speed 1. Transfer into a jug.
Weigh apple and ginger mixture back into mixing bowl, noting the final weight (mixture should weigh approx. 800-900 g). Add 3/4 of the total mixture weight in sugar (approx. 600-700 g) and purée 15 sec/speed 8.
Cook 99 min/100°C/speed 3, or until set (see Tips), placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
Pour into prepared baking tin and allow to cool to room temperature (approx. 2 hours), then place into refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours.
Once set, serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Apple and ginger paste
Setting point test: place a saucer into the freezer (5-10 minutes). Place 1 tsp paste onto the chilled saucer. When paste on saucer is cool, push it with your finger. If the paste wrinkles, it is set. If not, continue to cook for 10 minutes or until required consistency is achieved.
The pectin in the fruit is what helps your paste to set firm. It is best to use slightly under-ripe fruit in this recipe, as this has higher pectin levels than ripe fruit.
Serve apple and ginger paste with cheese and crackers or give as an edible gift to friends and family.
You can cut your Apple and ginger paste into a circular shape or smaller rectangular pieces, using a cookie cutter or a clean, sharp knife.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Dip
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- Davidson Plum Chutney
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Cashew oat drink
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Kim's Mulberry and Chia Seed Jam
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Scallion chicken
- cron milk
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Iced Chocolate Biscuits
- Sugar fried chestnut ls