- 1 kg cooking apples [Granny Smith are best]
- 125 gcider vinegar
- 250 g water
- 400 g sugar
- pinch salt
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoonground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 lemon, quartered
Recipe is created for
wash fruit, cut into quarters. remove stems if they are attached but do not peel or core. Put all ingredients into the bowl. Set time to 20 minutes temp 100C speed 2. The apple will cook and blend. When fully cooked puree the fruit by chopping at speed 8.
BE CAREFUL TO BRING SPEED UP SLOWLY OR THE HOT FRUIT CAN SPRAY OUT.
Pulse at speed until fruit is smooth about 30 seconds.
Continue to cook set time to 30 minutes, temp varoma speed 2.Use the basket to stop splashing but allow steam to escape. Continue cooking in 30 minute periods until thick. This can be 1 to 2 hours depending on moisture in fruit. Fruit will thicken and is ready when a sample put onto a cold plate is about like room temperature butter. The volume will reduce by about 1/2.
It can be put into sterile jars while hot and will seal or put in containers and freeze.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rich Tomato Sauce - for everything
- Seafood Mornay Sauce
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce (vegan, nut free) adapted from pinch of yum
- Anne's Tomato Relish
- Green Fig Marmalade with Orange
- Peach Jam
- Mustard Sauce
- Variation Peach Butter
- Spicy Pear Chutney
- Fig and Apricot Jam (fresh fruit version)
- Fig Paste
- Fathers Favourite Sauce
- Decadent Chocolate Mousse
- Green Chicken & Veg Curry
- Heidi’s German Streusel Kuchen (Crumble cake) yeast free version
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Perfect No-Fail Buttercream Frosting
- Brioche Hot Cross Buns
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Caramel Coconut Slice
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- ALMOND MILK CUSTARD