- 1 kg cooking apples [Granny Smith are best]
- 125 gcider vinegar
- 250 g water
- 400 g sugar
- pinch salt
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoonground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 lemon, quartered
Recipe is created for
wash fruit, cut into quarters. remove stems if they are attached but do not peel or core. Put all ingredients into the bowl. Set time to 20 minutes temp 100C speed 2. The apple will cook and blend. When fully cooked puree the fruit by chopping at speed 8.
BE CAREFUL TO BRING SPEED UP SLOWLY OR THE HOT FRUIT CAN SPRAY OUT.
Pulse at speed until fruit is smooth about 30 seconds.
Continue to cook set time to 30 minutes, temp varoma speed 2.Use the basket to stop splashing but allow steam to escape. Continue cooking in 30 minute periods until thick. This can be 1 to 2 hours depending on moisture in fruit. Fruit will thicken and is ready when a sample put onto a cold plate is about like room temperature butter. The volume will reduce by about 1/2.
It can be put into sterile jars while hot and will seal or put in containers and freeze.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Simple Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Tokyo Olympic Matcha Tea Pavlova
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Egg Free Caramel Custard - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Doughnut Bundt
- Ibu Sambal
- Flaky pastry sausage rolls
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Shortbread Squares - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly