- 1 kg cooking apples [Granny Smith are best]
- 125 g cider vinegar
- 250 g water
- 400 g sugar
- pinch salt
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 lemon, quartered
8Recipe is created for
wash fruit, cut into quarters. remove stems if they are attached but do not peel or core. Put all ingredients into the bowl. Set time to 20 minutes temp 100C speed 2. The apple will cook and blend. When fully cooked puree the fruit by chopping at speed 8.
BE CAREFUL TO BRING SPEED UP SLOWLY OR THE HOT FRUIT CAN SPRAY OUT.
Pulse at speed until fruit is smooth about 30 seconds.
Continue to cook set time to 30 minutes, temp varoma speed 2.Use the basket to stop splashing but allow steam to escape. Continue cooking in 30 minute periods until thick. This can be 1 to 2 hours depending on moisture in fruit. Fruit will thicken and is ready when a sample put onto a cold plate is about like room temperature butter. The volume will reduce by about 1/2.
It can be put into sterile jars while hot and will seal or put in containers and freeze.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- Davidson Plum Chutney
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Feijoa Paste
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Kim's Mulberry and Chia Seed Jam
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Easy as apple tea cake
- Scallion chicken
- cron milk
- Cheats Peach or Apple Kuchen
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Muesli Bars
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup