- 8 large granny smith apples
- 12 cloves
- 4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 star anise pod
- 80 g lemon juice
- 400 g raw sugar
Recipe is created for
Place cloves, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom & nutmeg in the bowl.
Mill 15 sec, speed 9
Peel, core & quarter apples.
Place in bowl.
Chop 4 sec, speed 4.
Add star anise, lemon juice & sugar.
Cook 35 mins, varoma temp, speed 2.
Place TM basket on lid instead of MC
Remove star anise
Pour into sterilised jars
Accessories you need
Use this beautiful chai spice jam on hot porridge, as chutney for pies, as a base for crumbles or a sweet to add to meat stews. When it's warmer, blend in smoothies, top yoghurt & granola or stir through home made icecream.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mixed Herb Pesto (use up your herbs!)
- Low Sugar Plum Jam or Apricot Jam
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- Gherkin and Dill Dip
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle
- Zucchini and Bean Chutney
- Plum and Zucchini Relish
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- Dad’s Sauce - Easy and healthy gluten free tomato ketchup.