- 600 grams Raw beetroot, peeledd, 1/4's
- 1 apple, granny smith, halved
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, halved
- 250 grams Cider Vinegar
- 65 grams brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons treacle or golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 pinch allspice, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 250 grams water
8Recipe is created for
Chop onion 3s/sp7. Add Oil and cook 3mins 100c .
Add beetroot, apple and onion and use Turbo 4 times until finely chopped.
Being careful not to turn to pulp!
Add all other ingredients and cook 3 - 4 mins 60c until the sugar and treacle have dissolved.
Increase heat to boil at 100c for 1 min, then a gentle boil for 20-25 mins at 80 - 90c until beetroot is tender.
The liquid should thicken with the cooking, but will thicken more on cooling.
Pour into Sterilized jars. Store in fridge. Keeps for 6 months.
Accessories you need
This chutney is wonderful with cold meats, cheeses or on an antipasti platter.
It is a little spicey, a little sweet and a little earthy. YUM!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc Chunky Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Caitys chutney
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Quick Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Mint lemonade
- Coconut & Chocolate Bliss Balls
- Baked pumpkin doughnuts with snowman icing
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse
- Oreo Brownie (vegan)