- 5 cloves garlic
- 8-10 Chillies, Deseeded if preferred
- 30 grams ginger, peeled
- 1000 grams ripe roma tomatoes, quartered
- 50 grams fish sauce, or Tamari for anyone with fish allergy
- 200 grams red wine vinegar
- 625 grams sugar
1h 20minPreparation 1h 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Put garlic, chillies and ginger in mixing bowl - Blitz for 8 Seconds speed 9
Put tomatoes in mixing bowl and chop for 30 seconds speed 10.
Put all other ingredients in bowl and cook on Varoma Temperature for 40 minutes Speed 1.5 using basket instead of Measuring cup on top.
Check and if necessary, increase cooking time in 5 minute increments until desired consistency is met.
To check if your jam is the right consistency, put a tsp on a cold saucer (thats spent 10mins in the freezer). Allow to cool. When pushed in if the top wrinkles, your jam is done to perfection.
I don't worry to much about this, because i like the consistency of this a bit different to fruit jams.
I use this on my husbands sandwiches to give a bit of a kick.
Also delicious on steaks, and anything really.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Calamansi Jam/Marmalade
- Sicilian Olive Tapenade
- Crayfish Cob Loaf
- Natural Almond Butter
- Never try another hummus again!
- Cajeta Envinada (Mexican Caramel Spread)
- Pub Style Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- English Salad Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Chilli laksa sauce
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Chouriço Pâté (chorizo butter)
- Calamansi Jam/Marmalade
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- The Best butter cream frosting
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages
- Stem ginger in Syrup