- 25 g red chillies, halved
- 15 g garlic, peeled
- 40 g shallots, peeled
- 25 g coriander
- 40 g Soft brown sugar
- 125 g cold water
- 40 g lime juice
- 50 g mirin
- 60 g fish sauce
- 125 g rice wine vinegar
- 50 g sesame oil
- 50 g sunflower oil
1. Dissolve the brown sugar in the water on Varoma, for 90 seconds, or until the sugar has completely dissolved.
2. Add lime juice, mirin, fish sauce and rice wine vinegar to the sugar and water mix. Mix for 5 seconds on speed 4.
3. Remove liquid mix from the TM and set aside to cool.
4. Put garlic, shallots and chillies into the TM and roughly chop for 5 seconds on speed 5.
5. Add a tablespoon of the sunflower oil and heat on Varoma for 90 seconds on speed 1.
6. Remove from TM and set aside to cool.
7. Once the chilli mix has cooled, return to TM. Place roughly chopped coriander into the chilli mix and start to blend on speed 5.
8. Once the coriander has been blended well into the chilli mix, slowly pour the sesame and sunflower oil into the top of the TM lid with the Measuring Cup in place. Stop blending as soon as you finish adding the oil.
9. Pour reserved liquid mix from Step 2 into the chilli/oil mix and combine for 30 seconds on .
* Allowing the mixes to cool before adding coriander and combining them preserves the rich, green colour of the herb. If you're short on time you can skip the cooling.
* The dressing will split when it settles - this is normal. Recombine thoroughly, either in the TM or by hand, before adding to your salads.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Teriyaki Chicken - 20 minute quick meal
- Chap Chae (Korean Noodles)
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Asian Ocean Trout/Salmon
- Miso Chicken Ramen
- Satay Sauce
- Steamed Dim Sims
- Quick & Easy Teriyaki Chicken
- Teriyaki Salmon
- Chicken 'n" Almond Stir fry
- Miso Salmon with Sesame Greens - RECIPE COURTESY OF 28bysamwood.com