- 40 grams Onion or 1 Shallot
- 20 grams peanut oil
- 250 grams Peanut Butter
- 420 grams coconut milk
- 70 grams water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 70 grams Sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place onion or eschallot in bowl
2. Chop speed 8 for 2 Seconds
3. Scrape sides of bowl with spatula
4. Add peanut oil and saute 2 minutes / 100 degrees /
5. Add peanut butter and cook 1 minute 30 sec / 100 degrees /
6. Add coconut milk and water and cook 3 minutes / 100 degrees / Speed 1
7. Add fish sauce, kecap manis, sweet chilli sauce and lemon juice and cook 30 Secs / 100 degrees / Speed 2
Creamiest Satay Sauce
This sauce can be served over chicken, beef, pork, skewers or rice.
It can be used with chicken on Sushi.
This sauce will last in the fridge for several days - it will set thick but will return to a pouring consistancy when heatened.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.