- 400-450 fennel, roughly sliced into 1cm slices
- 180 g potato, sliced into 0.5cm slices
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 180 g Milk, or milk substitute
- 1/2 tbsp Vegetable Stock., or 1 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- Optional: 1 handful of parsley leaves, OR 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1. If using, add parsley leaves to bowl and chop 3 sec speed 7. Set aside.
2. Add fennell slices, potato slices, garlic, milk and salt to bowl.
3. Cook 10 mins, 100°, speed 1.
4. Reduce temperature to 90° and cook for a further 10mins, speed 1.
5. Check that potato and fennel are soft. Puree for 30 sec, speed 8.
6. Stir through parsley or nutmeg (if using) with spatula.
Accessories you need
Delicious with meat or fish. Use as a sauce over steamed veggies.
Can be made vegan by using non-diary milk substitues. I would not recommend coconut milk as the flavour would overpower the delicate fennel flavour.
A squeeze of lemon juice also adds an interesting flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- SPICED BANANA BREAD (EGG-FREE, DAIRY FREE)
- Bulk, Catering Quantity(12L) Pancake Batter
- Chocolate Ginger Love with Strawberry & Basil Sugar
- Very Easy Chocolate Fudge Sauce (Gluten-Free, sugar-free, dairy free, soy-free, vegan, scrumptious!)
- Allergy Friendly Zucchini Slice (Egg-free, gluten-free, dairy-free)
- MOROCCAN RICE SALAD
- Grape Pudding / Grape Juice Pudding GF DF
- Quince & Cardamom Steamed Puddings
- Apple Oat Slice - Wheat free; Egg free; Vegan
- Dairy Free, Egg-free 'Cheese' & Herb Gnocchi in Tomato Sauce
- Spicy Vegan Sausages (Wheat Free)
- Quickest Scones
- White chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Coconut ice coffee kickstarter
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Mums best ever pasta sauce