- half onion, (I prefer white, but red or brown is good too)
- 30 grams Butter
- 1 tsp Thyme, dried or fresh
- 250g chicken livers, cut into 3cm pieces
- half tsp white pepper, or to taste
- half tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier, (brandy or rum)
- 125 grams extra butter, chilled &amp;amp; chopped into cubes
- 1 tbsp extra butter, melted for sealing each pate
- 6 small ramekins
1. Add onion to bowl & chop 3sec/sp6. Scrape down & repeat.
2. Add 30 grams butter & thyme to bowl. Saute 4min/100C/sp1
3. Add livers, salt & pepper. Cook 7mins/100C//
4. Cool slightly & add chopped butter & Grand Marnier. Process 20sec/sp9.
5. pour into 6 ramekins (2-3 tablespoons worth in each) & chill in fridge for 1 hour.
6. Melt about 1 tablespoon butter & drizzle a little over each ramekin & swirl to just cover pate. Chill again & serve.
If each ramekin is well wrapped in cling wrap can be frozen very successfully. It will defrost well within 15-30 mins or transfer into fridge day before required.
We serve with hot crusty bread with a side of caperberries or cornichons (baby dill pickles) typically French but my Polish background would serve with Black/rye bread & sour cream. ENJOY
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cream Cheese
- Chilli laksa sauce
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Chouriço Pâté (chorizo butter)
- Tobasco Sauce
- Passata Sauce
- Quick Avocado/Yoghurt Dip
- Tomato Sauce kids wont know the difference
- Almond butter
- Blue cheese sauce
- Capsicum Paste (biber salças)
- The Thermomixing Mum's Veggie Loaded Pizza and Pasta Sauce