- 400g can Chickpeas, rinsed
- 4 tablespoons tahini, hulled or unhulled
- 1 large lemon, squeezed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add all ingredients except water 30s/sp7 to get a nice creamy consistency. (If you arent using a garlic crusher, add your garlic first 3s/sp7, scrape down sides and repeat until your garlic is as small as desired)
- Add water 1 tbsp at a time until desired consistency, I use 2 tbsp - and sometimes a tiny bit more.
- Empty "Closed lid" and store in small thermoserver, keep in fridge and enjoy!
Accessories you need
I like to use chickpeas dried from the organic store. If doing this you will only need approx 3/4 cup dried chickpeas.
I put my chickpeas in a bowl and add water until a few inches above chickpeas and let this soak overnight or at least 8 hours.
I then rinse well and add to a small pot of water, cover with a few inches of water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 1 & 1/2 - 2 hrs.
Drain and your chickpeas, they are now ready for the recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Satay Marinade
- Mediterranean Skordalia
- Caramelised French Onion Dip
- Kickin BBQ Sauce
- Lisa Vegan butter
- Nannie’s Relish - thermi converted using tinned tomatoes
- Capsicum Relish
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Honey Soy Marinade
- Muliti-Purpose Yummy Green Sauce
- Variation Traditional Pan Juice Gravy
- Pizza Dough (extra fluffy) 4 bases
- Salted caramel balls
- Chai Syrup
- Skinnymixers Coconut Curried Sausages
- Susanne's Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni
- Variation Thermomix Mock Cream
- Choc Coconut Protein Balls
- Variation Homemade Coffee Latte for 1
- Potato and Leek Soup Mix
- Cooked red cabbge
- White cabbage salad
- Chicken lolly pops and a delicious rub recipe 😋