- 1 heaped tablespoon Chunky Peanut Butter, anything but 'smooth' works
- 1 pinch white sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sambal oelek
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1/4 --- cup of milk, 1/4 cup of milk or slightly less
Add all ingredients except the milk to . Mix at 80C / 3 min / Speed 1
Add the milk (not quite all of the 1/4 cup). Mix again at 80C / 4 min / Speed 1
Watch through the lid hole for consistency. I've never had to add the full 1/4 of milk, it depends how thick or thin you like it.
This is my father's 'super secret' Peanut Satay Sauce recipe that has been in the family forever. It's simple, but easily ruined on the stove top. I adapted it for the thermomix and you just cannot fail. With consistent temps there is no separation of oils/ingredients using the TMX. You could probably play with the quantities for more but this should work for 3-4 people.
It's very enjoyable with skewers/sticks, chicken, lamb, beef. I recommend cooking on a flame grill or hibachi. Use a little less Sambal Oelek for the kids if they don't like it too hot. They will love it!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Gingerbread sweet potato slice
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Peanut butter short bread
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- American Banana Bread
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting