- 250 grams Parmasen Cheese
- 2 bunches basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 package pinenuts, I buy in bulk & just use a handful!
Cheese, garlic & basil in TM 10-15 seconds on speed 8 - should be smooth - might need longer depending on the cheese you use!Add good lug of olive oil (about 100g for firm pesto, and up to twice as much for pasta consistency) speed 4 until combined.Add pine nuts and mix 10 seconds on + (I don't like my pine nuts mushed up!)Firm pesto is great on toast with chopped tomatoes!You can also do a half batch.
My adaption to this iselete 1 bunch of basil. Add equal amount of rocket and 1 Birdseye chilli. You can add more chilli, but this amount my kids eat no problems!This is great on pasta. The rocket gives it a great peppery taste and the chilli a little kick.
Other things I have done are added cashews or macadamias instead of pine nuts.
You can also add this to beschemal sauce in the EDC cookbook to pour over pasta.
You can also freeze it in an ice cube tray for use in pasta sauce!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Low FODMAP Creamy Mustard & Maple Sauce
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Variation Chicken & Leek Filling
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Choo Chee Curry (mild version)
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados