- 250 grams Parmasen Cheese
- 2 bunches basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 package pinenuts, I buy in bulk & just use a handful!
8Recipe is created for
Cheese, garlic & basil in TM 10-15 seconds on speed 8 - should be smooth - might need longer depending on the cheese you use!Add good lug of olive oil (about 100g for firm pesto, and up to twice as much for pasta consistency) speed 4 until combined.Add pine nuts and mix 10 seconds on + (I don't like my pine nuts mushed up!)Firm pesto is great on toast with chopped tomatoes!You can also do a half batch.
My adaption to this iselete 1 bunch of basil. Add equal amount of rocket and 1 Birdseye chilli. You can add more chilli, but this amount my kids eat no problems!This is great on pasta. The rocket gives it a great peppery taste and the chilli a little kick.
Other things I have done are added cashews or macadamias instead of pine nuts.
You can also add this to beschemal sauce in the EDC cookbook to pour over pasta.
You can also freeze it in an ice cube tray for use in pasta sauce!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)
- Onion gravy
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Chicken Creamy Lemon Spinach Paprika TASTY QUICK 14mins
- Low fodmap steamed Chinese 5 spice chicken buns
- Pulled pork style seitan (vegan meat)
- Individual Chicken Roulades with Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup