- 1 clove garlic, optional
- 1 egg
- 1 heaped tsp mustard, dijon, etc
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- mild/mellow olive oil (or flavourless oil of choice), approx 250g, but no need to measure
1. Optional: chop garlic clove 1 second sp7.
2. Add egg (white and yolk), mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper to the TM bowl.
3. Set timer for 4 mins, temp 37, sp4.
4. After 1 minute passes (3 minutes left on timer), hold MC down (so it doesn't float) and pour oil directly and steadily onto the lid until it reaches the top of the rim.
5. Sing a merry tune, do a little dance, daydream and plan what to use the mayo for (while still holding the MC down), until all oil has disappeared inside the bowl.
6. Remove lid and celebrate the success of lovely, homemade whole egg mayo.
Accessories you need
Store mayo in the fridge in an air tight container.
Instead of holding the MC down, half fill it with water to weight it down.
*Recipe adapted from mayo in EDC.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam