- 4 Red onions
- 200 grams water
- 200 grams rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoon white sugar, (can be glucose powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes, (optional)
1. Sterilise your glass jar.
2. Combine water, rice wine vinegar, sugar, salt, peppercorns & Chilli (if using) in TM Bowl and set 5 mins, 100 degrees, Sp 2.
3. Pure hot pickle mix into the jar covering the onions.
4. Screw the jar, tightly shut and turn upside down until cool, you should hear the jar pop when it's sealed tightly.
5. Correctly sterilised, the pickled onion should keep for 6-12 months on the pantry shelf, or open in the fridge for several weeks.
Accessories you need
You can add other spices or herbs to change the flavour to your liking. More Spices: Fresh ginger slices, allspice berries, oregano, garlic, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, star anise.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Pate au Pistou
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Choc Protein Balls