- 1 Red Onion, halved
- 1/2 bulb of fennel
- 1 stick Celery
- 30 grams olive oil
- 2 cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red chilli deseeded
- 1 bunch basil, including stalks
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 --- cloves
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 700 grams tomatoes, fresh or tinned
- 300 grams plums, stones removed
- 200 grams red wine vinegar
- 70 grams Soft brown sugar
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop onion, garlic, tomatoes, fennel, celery, plums 3 sec / sp 7
Add all other ingredients, season with salt & pepper.
Replace MC with TM basket on top. Cook 60 min / Varoma / Sp 1.
Cook additional time for a thicker sauce.
Blitz sauce to a smooth paste by turning selector dial to sp 5 then slowly increase speed selector to sp 9, one click at a time
Bottle sauce. Store in fridge.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nanna's Lemon Butter
- Coconut Butter
- Vegan Nut Free Nutella
- Homemade Le Snack
- Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
- That Thermo Woman - Small Batch Hollandaise Sauce
- Rich Tomato Sauce
- Tomato and onion relish
- That Thermo Woman - Spicy Harissa
- Thai Satay Marinade
- Cashew Cheese
- Dairy Free Cheesy Queso sauce/dip
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Variation Braised Pork Ribs Using Thermomix
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Fragrant pipis
- Sweet Potato, Carrot, Coconut and Lime Soup
- Chicken & Bacon Risotto
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli
- Marscapone, Caramelised onion and Tomato Tart
- Rich Tomato Sauce