- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 100 g day old bread, torn into pieces (2 cm)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 130 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 clove garlic
- 2 long red chillies, cut into pieces
- 100 g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 2 pinches sea salt flakes
Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place capsicum, skin side up, on tray and place under a hot grill for up to 10-15 minutes, checking that the skin is blackened and blistered every few minutes. Alternatively, char capsicum on the stovetop or barbecue (see Tip).
Place charred capsicum into a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap to trap the steam. Allow to cool (approx. 10 minutes), then remove from bowl and drain on paper towel. Discard any juices in bowl. Gently peel blackened skin from capsicum and discard skin.
Place bread, lemon juice, sherry vinegar and 20 g of the olive oil and into mixing wl and leave to soak for 3 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, including reserved capsicum, and blend 30 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and blend a further 45 sec/speed 5, until smooth.
Serve immediately or place sauce into an airtight container until ready to use.
This recipe has been provided to Thermomix by Gary Mehigan.
Baking tray (20 x 30cm), baking paper, plastic wrap, glass bowl and airtight container
To char the capsicum on the stove top or on a barbecue, using tongs, hold a whole capsicum (stalk removed) over an open flame, turning occasionally, until blackened and blistered on all sides. Place into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and allow to cool (approx. 10 minutes). Once cool, pierce bottom of capsicum to drain any liquid inside capsicum. Gently peel off skin and discard. Cut into halves and discard seeds. Proceed with step 3.
Other users also liked...
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Pate au Pistou
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Pie Maker Gluten Free Roast Meat Fritter