- 600 grams thickened cream, chilled
- 1 litre water, chilled
- 1 onion, quartered
- 8 strips streaky bacon
- 60 grams sundried tomatoes
- 15 grams basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1. Insert butterfly. Place cream into the mixing bowl and whip 1-3 min/speed 4, or until solids and liquids have seperated. Remove butterfly.
2. Using the TM basket, strain liquids from solids (reserving the buttermilk for later use if desired).
3. Place 500g water and butter solids into mixing bowl and mix 5-10 sec/speed 4. Liquids and solids should again, seperate.
4. Using the TM basket, strain liquids from solids a second time, so that only butter remains.
5. For butter that will stay fresher for longer, repeat steps 3 and 4 a second time.
6. Squeeze as much liquid out of the butter as possible.
1. Fry the bacon strips until crispy and then drain on paper towel. Wait to cool.
2. Place quartered onion, crispy bacon strips, sundried tomatoes, basil and salt into the mixing bowl and mix 5-10 sec/speed 8 until ingredients are chopped.
3. Add butter to the mixing bowl and mix 20-30 sec/speed 4 until ingredients are combined.
4. Roll into desired shape before refridgerating or freezing.
Making the butter
Flavouring the butter
Roll the butter into a sausage shape to make butter rounds, or form into a rectangular shape to store in the refridgerator or freezer.
Reserve the buttermilk (original liquid portion of the butter) after draining in step 2 to use in scones, breads or pancakes. Buttermilk can also be frozen for later use.
Cream that is closer to its expiry date will seperate faster.
Great to use on BBQ meat, vegetables or anything else you would like to flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hazelate (hazelnut & chocolate spread)
- Hot Chilli Jam
- Capsicum Relish
- Tuna Dip
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Raw Kebbe
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Jumbo Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Cookie Jar Biscuits
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup