- 600 grams thickened cream, chilled
- 1 litre water, chilled
- 1 onion, quartered
- 8 strips streaky bacon
- 60 grams sundried tomatoes
- 15 grams basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
8Recipe is created for
1. Insert butterfly. Place cream into the mixing bowl and whip 1-3 min/speed 4, or until solids and liquids have seperated. Remove butterfly.
2. Using the TM basket, strain liquids from solids (reserving the buttermilk for later use if desired).
3. Place 500g water and butter solids into mixing bowl and mix 5-10 sec/speed 4. Liquids and solids should again, seperate.
4. Using the TM basket, strain liquids from solids a second time, so that only butter remains.
5. For butter that will stay fresher for longer, repeat steps 3 and 4 a second time.
6. Squeeze as much liquid out of the butter as possible.
1. Fry the bacon strips until crispy and then drain on paper towel. Wait to cool.
2. Place quartered onion, crispy bacon strips, sundried tomatoes, basil and salt into the mixing bowl and mix 5-10 sec/speed 8 until ingredients are chopped.
3. Add butter to the mixing bowl and mix 20-30 sec/speed 4 until ingredients are combined.
4. Roll into desired shape before refridgerating or freezing.
Making the butter
Flavouring the butter
Roll the butter into a sausage shape to make butter rounds, or form into a rectangular shape to store in the refridgerator or freezer.
Reserve the buttermilk (original liquid portion of the butter) after draining in step 2 to use in scones, breads or pancakes. Buttermilk can also be frozen for later use.
Cream that is closer to its expiry date will seperate faster.
Great to use on BBQ meat, vegetables or anything else you would like to flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Steak Spice
- Zesty Hommus (with Young Living Essential Oils)
- Shrimp Paste Chilli Sauce
- Warmly Spiced Pumpkin Dip
- PIMPs Apple Sauce
- Butter Ganache
- Mums Cheese Ball
- Verena Probiotic Salad Dressing
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Vegan/Egg Free Variation No Fail, No Fuss, No Butterfly, NO Egg Mayo
- Curry Pea Soup
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Tuna Mornay
- Garlic & Parsley Burgers
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan