- 500 g ripe tomatoes
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 3-5 red chillies deseeded
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- Fresh ginger 2cm, peeled
- 30 g Asian fish sauce
- 300 g sugar
- 80 g white vinegar
1h 5minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place half the tomatoes and red onion in TM and chop speed 5 for 3 seconds, transfer into a bowl and set aside.
2. Put remaining tomatoes, chillies, garlic, ginger and fish sauce in TM blend on speed 8 for 10 seconds, until fairly smooth.
3. Scrape down sides then add sugar and vinegar and heat 100, speed 1 for 10 mins, placing steamer basket instead of measuring cup.
4. Add tomatoe and onion mix, that is set aside, and on heat 100, speed 1 for 45 mins. It should look thick and syrupy.
5. Allow to cool for 5 mins before transfering to sterilied glass jars.
Serve your sweet chilli jam with cheese, barbecued meats etc. Add a spoonful to some mayonnaise for a quick chilli-mayo.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Banana Spelt Muffins
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns
- Black Glutinous Rice Cake
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Banana and honey Bundt cake
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Ham, Cheese and Zucchini Pizza Scrolls
- Gluten Free Creamcheese Cake
- Impossible Pie