- 460 grams ripe tomatoes
- 2 long red chilli, (adjust amount and heat to taste)
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic cloves, (or 3 tsp crushed)
- 2 centimetre fresh ginger, (or 2 tsp crushed)
- 1 level tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 75 grams sugar raw
- 1 level tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons seeded mustard
1h 0minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
91st main course 2nd main course Appetizer Main course Side dish Starter Afternoon tea Breakfast Brunch Dinner Lunch Snack Supper Alcohol-free Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian BBQ Birthday Buffet Everyday Gift Holiday Party Picnic Canadian USA Chef recipes Cooking for 2 person Cooking for large family Cooking for single person Cooking for students Pantry Take away food Chinese Indian Indonesian Japanese Thai Vietnamese Taiwanese Creative Easy Low budget Natural Moroccan Cooking Preserving Lebanon Turkey Asian Australian Caribbean European Mid East Dip Sauce Spread Italian Mediterranean
1. Cut tomatoes into quarters and 1/2 onion in half. Place into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds at speed 5 with measuring cup (MC) on top.
2. Transfer into a colander and seive the excess tomato juice.
(The success of the final texture depends on draining the excess juices.)
3. Place garlic, ginger and worcestershire sauce in the TM bowl. Dice for 3 seconds at speed 5 with measuring cup (MC) on top.
4. Scrape down the sides. Add chillies with seeds and dice for 3 seconds at speed 5 with measuring cup (MC) on top.
5. Scrape down sides then add sugar and rice wine vinegar, heat for 10 minutes at temperature 100 and with speed 1, placing steamer basket (SB) on top instead of measuring cup (MC).
6. Add tomato, salt and diced onion that was set aside, Cook for 35 minutes, at temperature 100 with speed 1 Reverse, placing steamer basket (SB) on top instead of measuring cup (MC). It should become thicken like a relish jam.
7. Add seeded mustard Cook for 10 minutes, at temperature 100 with speed 1 Reverse, placing steamer basket (SB) on top instead of measuring cup (MC).
8. Pour into sterilised glass jars and seal. Serve as a dipping sauce or marinade.
Created for Louise, my honeydove, by your adoring hubby.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Calamansi Jam/Marmalade
- Sicilian Olive Tapenade
- Crayfish Cob Loaf
- Natural Almond Butter
- Never try another hummus again!
- Cajeta Envinada (Mexican Caramel Spread)
- Pub Style Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- English Salad Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Chilli laksa sauce
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Chouriço Pâté (chorizo butter)
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Crunchy French baguettes
- Banana Muffin - Cafe Style
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- SUTLIJASH (RICE PUDDING)
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Elles Ultimate Chocolate Cake