- 200 g red onion, Peeled and quartered
- 1000 g vine ripened tomatoes, Skinned and quartered
- 100 g sultanas
- 250 g granny smith apples, Peeled, cored and quarterd
- 300 g raw sugar
- 200 g apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 tsp salt
1h 45minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Peel the tomatoes:
Score the base of each tomato with a cross.
Place the tomatoes in a large bowl and cover with boiling water, and leave for 5 minutes.
Skins should easily peel away from the cross at the base. Chop the peeled tomatoes into quarters.
- Place red onion, sultanas and apple into bowl and chop for 5 seconds, Speed 6. Set aside.
- Place tomatoes in bowl, chop for 5 seconds, Speed 5.
- Add all other ingredients, including the apple and onion, and mix for 3 seconds, Reverse, Speed 4.
Place basket on top to prevent splashes, instead of the measuring cup.
Cook for 60 minutes, 100 degrees, Reverse, Speed 1-2.
Increase temperature to Varoma, and cook for another 20 minutes, Reverse, Speed 1-2.
- Test the consistency of the chutney by spooning a tablespoon of it onto a dish. Then place in the fridge for 5 minutes. If it's too runny, keep cooking at Varoma for 5-10 minutes and check again.
- Spoon into steralised jars while still hot and seal with lid. Leave to cool.
Before you start.
Add more cayenne for a spicer chutney!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Satay Chicken
- Easy Batter
- Dee's Magnificent Shortbread
- Japanese style sandwich bread
- Truffle Aioli
- Fried Shrimps
- Breastfeeding (lactation) cookies