- 1 clove garlic, large
- 400 g chick peas, (1 tin, drained)
- 25 g lemon juice
- 30 g cashew nut paste
- 10 g Flaxseed Oil, or olive oil or other to taste
- 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
- 60 g water
- 1 level tsp salt
8Recipe is created for
- Peel garlic. Drop garlic into blades at speed 8 for 5 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add lemon juice, cashew nut paste, oil, cumin and salt and mix 5 seconds/speed 4.
- Drain chick peas and add to bowl. Add half of the water. Mix 15 seconds/speed 8. Scrap down sides.
- Taste and add more salt to your taste, if necessary.
- Add remaining water for a softer, smoother consistency. Mix for a further 15 seconds/speed 8.
- Serve with carrot, celery, capsicum, snow peas and/or green bean sticks, rice crackers or other suitable crackers or flat bread.
- Delicious on toast instead of butter.
Triple C because of the ingredients: Chickpeas, Cashews and Cumin.
This recipe has been adapted from the EDC Hommus recipe and is AMINE-free, dairy-free and gluten-free.
Use less cumin, if that suits your taste.
I often add a second clove of garlic.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled in the TM31 bowl.
It keeps well (about 2 weeks in the fridge) and has been very popular amongst all who have tried it.
This dip can be frozen but does result in a slighly softer consistency.
Makes 8 serves of 50g of around 80 calories (or 320 kilojoules) per serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Steak Spice
- Zesty Hommus (with Young Living Essential Oils)
- Shrimp Paste Chilli Sauce
- Warmly Spiced Pumpkin Dip
- PIMPs Apple Sauce
- Butter Ganache
- Mums Cheese Ball
- Verena Probiotic Salad Dressing
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Vegan/Egg Free Variation No Fail, No Fuss, No Butterfly, NO Egg Mayo
- Curry Pea Soup
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Tuna Mornay
- Garlic & Parsley Burgers
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan