- 3 stalks fresh basil, leaves only
- 1000 grams peaches, chopped, stone removed
- 200 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chop basil leaves, 5 sec, speed 7
Remove from bowl and save.
Place peaches and lemon juice in bowl
Cook 30 min, 100c speed 3. MC off and place simmer basket on to prevent splashing.
Add sugar to taste and cook another 10 mins 100c, speed 3.
- To test if ready place spoonful on ceramic plate in fridge for 2 mins to test if it gels and forms a solid paste.
If not cook another 10min, 100C, speed 3 as needed.
Add basil to taste and mix 15sec, speed 5.
Be careful of hot paste splattering.
Pour/spoon into silcone mini muffin trays and set in fridge.
Alternatively I set mine in shallow plastic dishes and scoop paste out for cheese platters.
Peach and Basil paste
Accessories you need
This was my first attempt and I couldn't get it to set like a fruit paste, it was more like a jam.
However I froze it in the silicone trays and was able to flip each piece out to store.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam