- 200 g red onion- peeled and quartered
- 1000 g ripe tomatoes
- 250 g tart apples-, peeled, cored & chopped into quarters
- 150 g raw sugar
- 200 g apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 whole cloves
- 60 g sultanas
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 50 g pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 3 level tsp curry powder
- 1 level tbsp mustard powder
1h 35minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Place red onion and apple into bowl and chop for 5 seconds, Speed 6. Set aside.
- Place quartered tomatoes in bowl, chop for 5 seconds, Speed 5.
- Add all other ingredients, including the apple and onion, and mix for 3 seconds, Reverse, Speed 4.
Remove MC and place basket on top to prevent splashes.
Cook for 60 minutes, 100 degrees, Reverse, Speed 1-2.
Place the veroma basket on top with 3 small or 2 larger jars & lids inside. This will sterilise the jars as the chutney continues cooking.
Increase temperature to Varoma, and cook for another 20 minutes, Reverse, Speed 1-2.
- Test the consistency of the chutney by spooning a tablespoon of it onto a dish, then place it in the fridge for 5 minutes. If it's still too runny, keep cooking at Varoma for 5-10 minutes and check again.
- Place into your sterilsed jars.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.