- 1000 grams zucchini, Washed and cut in to chunks
- 600 grams water, For soaking zucchini
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 --- brown onion, Halved
- 500 grams white vinegar
- 400 grams sugar
- 2 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp Dried chilli, Increase to suit. This is a mild version
2h 55minPreparation 2h 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add onion to "Closed lid" , chop 2 sec, speed 8.
Scrape down sides and chop 2 sec, speed 8.
Tip in to a bowl and set aside.
Add 500g of zucchini to "Closed lid" , chop 2 sec, speed 8. Set aside in a bowl.
Repeat with remaining zucchini then add the first 500g back to"Closed lid" .
Cover zucchini with approx. 600g water and add salt to "Closed lid" .
Stir in salt, 20 sec, speed 3 "Counter-clockwise operation" .
Leave for 2 hours.
Gather 4 -6 jars and wash ready for sterilisation.
After 2 hours, drain zucchini using steaming basket in 3-4 lots.
Return zucchini and the set aside onion to "Closed lid" and add all remaining ingredients.
Set 40 min, 100 degrees, speed 2.5 "Counter-clockwise operation" and instead of measuring cup in place put varoma dish on top to catch any escaping ingredients.
Put jars in oven to steralise.
When time is up carefully remove jars from oven and pour your pickles in to jars, tighten lids on and leave to cool.
Jar lids will pop down when sealed.
Transfer jars to fridge when cooled enough.
Keep pickles refrigerated and enjoy.
Accessories you need
Can be made in other Thermomixes but not trialled in them as yet.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LAMB RIB MARINADE
- Bruschetta spread
- Rhubarb Relish
- Easy salmon dip
- Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Dip
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Tofu alfredo sauce
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Low Sugar Plum Jam or Apricot Jam
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Variation of Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's) For all TM's
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- A Cup of Goodness ~ Smoothie for 2
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free
- Cacao Chocolate Not Cross Buns
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Gluten free berry yoghurt cake
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- Chicken Tikka Pathia (adapted from British Indian Restaurant/Take Away recipes)
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- DF, GF, RSF School Muesli Bars
- Nanna Mary’s Banana Cake
- Raspberry Coconut Slice
- Pecan Pie
- Paleo Apple Cake
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /