- 100 g dried chick peas
- 1-2 tablespoon TM stock concentrate
- 2 medium sized brown onions, peeled and quartered
- 200 g carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 150 g turnips, cut into chunks
- 1100 g water
- salt and pepper to taste
- large handful baby spinach or kale chopped and stems removed
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 roots and stems of fresh coriander, cleaned of hairs and dirt
- fresh coriander to serve
- 2 chorizo sausage, chopped small and fried off in pan until golden
Place chickpeas in TM bowl and grind speed 10 for 1 min.
Remove and set aside.
Place carrot, onion, turnip, TM stock concentrate, garlic, cumin, coriander pwder, coriander stems and roots and tumeric powder into TM bowl.
Chop for 4 sec speed 5.
Add water and chickpea flour that you prepared earlier.
Cook 25 mins/varoma temp/speed 2.
If it starts to splutter towards end cover lid and MC with Paper towel and turn temp down to 90.
Pre heat TM server with bowling water.
Empty water from TM server add spinach to TM server.
Once soup finished cooking blend for 30sec speed 8-9.
Season to taste.
Pour into server and take to table with chorizo, fresh bread and fresh coriander leaves for garnishes.
Accessories you need
Add a teaspoon of powdered ginger to dried spices aswell or fresh ginger to veg when they go in.
A meal in its self when served with TM quinoa bread!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Sticky mocha pudding with chocolate and toffee sauce
- Pepita Pesto
- Sweet-corn Fritters
- Prawn and Quinoa Stuffed Squid Tubes with Prawn Bisque
- A Christmas Date
- Paprika & parmesan Christmas crackers
- Miso steamed chicken with asparagus and oyster mushrooms
- Clone of Steamed individual Sticky Date Puddings
- Chicken and Fish Balls in Asian Noodle Broth
- Apple and Oat Bran Muffins
- Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry
- SEHAM’S FOOSALIYA WITH SLOW COOKED LAMB
- Mixed Herb Pesto (use up your herbs!)
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Zucchini balls