- 1 large brown onion, Peeled, chopped and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, Peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 level tablespoon Butter /oil/ghee
- 400 grams broccoli, Roughly chopped
- 2 swedes, Peeled, quartered and roughly chopped
- 3 level tablespoons TM veg stock paste
- 550 grams water
- 2-3 sprigs Lemon or plain thyme
- Salt &pepper to taste
- 30-60 mls cream
- Parmesan curls to serve
Chop onions and garlic - 4 seconds - speed 5 - scrape down sides. Add oil/butter/ghee - cook 2 minutes - 100 c - speed 1. Add swedes and weigh in broccoli - chop 8 seconds - speed 5-6. Add water, thyme sprigs and stock - cook 20 minutes - 100c - speed 1. Remove thyme sprigs and strip leaves back into soup. Taste and then add salt and pepper if required. I added pepper and 1/2 tspn of spicy herb salt (made from 'Fast and Easy Indian Cooking' - TM cookbook). Blend soup by turning dial slowly up - 1 minute - speed 7. Add cream if using - blend - 10 seconds - speed 5. Serve with fresh Parmesan curls and extra sprigs of thyme.
Accessories you need
Be careful when blending the hot soup as the total volume of this soup hits the maximum limit. You can reduce the blending time and speed once the soup is cooked and just blend until required consistency.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Lemony lentils and silverbeet soup (aka adas b hamid)
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Vegetable Soup for the Soul
- Cauliflower and Leek Soup
- Oma’s Goulash Soup
- Keto Cauliflower and Zucchini Soup
- Gluten Free Wonton Wrappers
- Egg Free Brioche
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Gluten Free Cheesecake (with dairy free option)
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Chicken rice paste
- Hainanese Chicken