- 40 g olive oil
- 1 brown onion, medium
- 1 stick Celery, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 1 potato, small/medium
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 head of broccoli, roughly chopped (adjust for weight limit of machine, see tips)
- 2 tablespoons Thermomix Vegetable Stock Paste
- 1 litre water
- 140 g blue cheese, (variety of your choice)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add the oil and onion. Chop 3sec, sp 5.
- Scrape down sides with spatula. Cook 3min, 100C, sp 2.
- Add the celery, leek, potato and butter. Cook 1min, 100C, sp 1. Let rest for 5 min.
- Add the stock paste, water and chunks of broccoli stalk only. Cook 10min, 100C, sp 2.
- Add the rest of the broccoli and cook a further 5min, 100c, sp 2.
- Add the blue cheese and blend by starting on sp 2 and gradually increasing to sp 4. Note that blending should be done gradually due to the chunks of broccoli. Once the chunks have gone, increase gradually again to sp 9 for 1min.
- Serve garnished with a little extra blue cheese and finely chopped broccoli on top. Enjoy!
Accessories you need
Weigh the ingredients and adjust the quantity of broccoli if necessary to stay under the maximum limit for the machine. Overloading the machine could cause dangerous liquid spills. If the final level is above the "max" mark (see picture), remove some liquid until it is below the mark before blending.
Adapted for Thermomix from the following recipe on the BBC Good Food website: //www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1940679/broccoli-and-stilton-soup
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Moroccan spiced cauliflower & almond soup
- Goujeres with chives
- Buckwheat Galettes (GF crepes/wraps)
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Brownies
- Creamy Tomato, Prawn & Pumpkin Fettuccine
- Walnut & Rosemary Shortbread
- Buckwheat & Rice Risotto with Chicken & Asparagus
- Cheesy chilli pull apart bread
- Filipino Pandesal
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Donut ice-cream
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Blanch Vegetables
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits