- 50 g Butter, or oil
- 100 g onion, peeled and halved
- 400 g celeriac, peeled and chopped into large pieces
- 400 g parsnip or carrot or a mixture, peeled and rough chopped
- 1250 g whiite chicken stock, or 2tabs TM stock concentrate and 1250 gm water
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe is created for
Add rough chopped vegetables to TM bowl, chop 7 secs speed 7.
Add butter or oil and sauté 100˚C, 6 mins, speed 1. Scape down sides several times with TM spatula during cooking.
- Add chicken stock or stock concentrate and water. Cook 100˚C, Speed 1, 20 mins.
Blend 10 secs, by gradually going from Speed 1 to 9.
- Season to taste and serve.
Accessories you need
If making celeriac and parsnip soup white chicken stock works best in retaining the white colour.
If made with carrot instead of parsnip this is quite a sweet soup.
This is my conversion of a Celeriac and Parsnip Soup recipe posted on the ABC 936 website by Karen Goodwin-Roberts in 2005. The original included parsnip chips. For simplicity I have not included these in this conversion.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Chocolate Coconut Slice
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Gingerbread sweet potato slice
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Peanut butter short bread
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)