- 1 kg chestnuts, boiled and peeled
- 15 mls Olive Oil
- 2 onions, cut in pieces
- 2 --- carrots, cut in pieces
- 6 celery sticks, cut in pieces
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock paste
- 2 litres water, (or the max that will fit, which ever is the lesser)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic
- cream, to taste (optional)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Prepare the chestnuts and set aside
2. Place onions and oil in thermomix bowl and saute 3mins/var/spd 2
3. Add vegetables and saute another 2 mins/varoma/speed 1
4. Put the remainder of the ingredients (chestnuts, stock and spices) except the cream in the bowl and cook 30 mins/varoma/speed 1
5. Puree the soup - 1 min/speed 8 or until soup is smooth and creamy
6. Serve with a dollop of cream to taste
Check out google for how to prepare chestnuts if needed
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup