- 1 Large leek, green leaves removed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 40 g Butter
- 20 g olive oil, roasted onion flavoured
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 3 potatoes
- 4 heaped teaspoon vege stock
- 500 g chicken thighs
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 0.75 litre water
- 5 teaspoons crème fraiche, or more to taste
- 6 leaves fresh basil, for garnish
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Cut and clean leek into 3cm rounds.
2. Peel garlic.
3. Cut cauliflower into flowerettes.
4. Peel and dice potatoes, approx 1cm cubes.
1. Add leek and garlic to "Closed lid" , chop for 3 seconds, speed 7.
2. Scrape sides of bowl and chop for a further 3 seconds, speed 7.
3. Add butter and oil to "Closed lid" .
4. Saute 6 minutes, Veroma temp.
5. Add vege stock, pepper and water.
6. Place cauliflower and potatoes in bottom varoma basket.
7. Place chicken thighs on top varoma tray.
8. Cook for 20 minutes, Varoma temp, speed 2.
9. Check potato and cauliflower are cooked using a fork.
10. Cut chicken and ensure cooked through.
1. Place potatoes and cauliflower in "Closed lid" .
2. Ensure contents do not exceed max level.
3. Blend contents for 30 seconds, speed 3, gradually increasing to speed 6.
4. Add crème fraîche to "Closed lid" , 3 seconds, speed 4.
5. Slice chicken into strips.
6. Pour soup mixture and chicken strips into Thermiserver.
7. Rough chop basil leaves.
8. Add basil and dollop of crème fraîche to each bowl before serving.
Accessories you need
Optional: Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of yellow chilli sauce (Limon) to provide a bit of heat. This provides chilli flavour without darkening the soup.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup
- Curried Kumera Soup
- Smoked hock-bone soup
- Grandma's Pumpkin Soup
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- GF Pea and Ham Soup
- Rima’s Maryam Mounajed’s ChefItUp’s Lentil Soup
- 20 min Quick & Easy Leek, potato & Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- MN Teta's Hamid Soup