- 150 grams raw brown rice
- 50 grams raw almonds
- 1 brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 stalk celery, chopped in 4
- 1 carrot, roughly cut
- 30 grams EVOO or butter
- 600 grams chicken thigh or breast, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 litre water
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock paste
- 1 Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 100 grams fresh or frozen peas
- 100 grams fresh corn cob, kernels only
- 3 cloves garlic
- STEAMED BROCCOLI
- 300 grams raw chicken thighs or breast, roughly chopped
- 300 grams vegetables (leek/onion/shallots, carrot, garlic, celery, celeriac)
- handful fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, parsley)
- 150 grams coarse sea salt or rock salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 grams white wine
- 1 clove
- 5 coriander seeds
8Recipe is created for
Mince up raw chicken using the turbo button to pulse a few times, with the lid on the locked position.Add 300g veges and a few sprigs fresh herbs. Chop for 10 seconds on sp 5.Add salt, bay leaf, white wine, clove and coriander seeds.Cook for 20 mins, Varoma temp, speed 2, with simmering basket on top instead of MC. Replace MC and blend 1 minute, speed 10.
Grind 50g of the rice in Thermomix bowl for 1 minute on speed 9. Add almonds and grind 20 secs on speed 9, or until fine. Set aside.
Place onion, garlic cloves, celery and carrot in bowl and chop for 3 seconds, speed 5. Add oil (or butter) and cook for 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Add chicken and cook 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Add water, stock paste, remaining 100g rice, and ground rice and almonds, and cook for 30 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1.
Add parsley. peas and corn, cook another 10 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1. Adjust seasonings if needed, and serve.
Chicken stock paste
If you have a big family, or like more veges in your soup, you can add more chicken to the soup (leaving the peas out) and cook at Varoma temperature with the peas and some other veges steaming on top. Place the steamed veges in individual bowls and spoon the soup over the top. Adjust amount of chicken stock paste to taste, depending how salty you like it. You can use raw cashews instead of almonds for a creamier, smoother soup. If you can't have nuts, leave them out and just use 100g ground rice + 100g whole rice in the recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nat's perfect pumpkin soup
- Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Tuscan bean soup
- Potato, bacon and leek soup
- Mushroom Cappuccino with flavoured oil
- Thai Vegetable Soup
- Sweet Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Chinese Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- FODMAP friendly Lemon and coconut chicken soup
- Winter Warming Pumpkin Soup
- Anti-Cancer Broccoli & Sweet Potato Soup