- 600 grams potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 100 grams celery, chopped
- 70 grams leeks, chopped, cut in 2cm lenghts
- 50 grams onion, peeled & halved
- 50 grams Butter, cubed
- 80 grams bacon, lardons/ diced
- 200 grams cream
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 heaped tsp Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 2/3 level tablespoons TM stock concentrate
- 1 litre water
Add Potatoes, Bacon, Leek, Celery, Onion, Garlic, Thyme and Butter to the TM Bowl and chop at Sp 7 for 10 seconds.
Add Salt, Pepper and Cream and Cook 4min / 70 degrees / Sp 1.
Add 1 tsp Stock and 500g of water and cook 20 min / 90 Degrees / Sp 2.
Soup best served with traditional Irish Brown Soda Bread (recipe to come)
Blend 2mins/ 90 Degrees / Sp 8 until smooth. Then taste test - adjust seasoning as required.
Add remaining stock and 500ml of water and cook 4 min / 90 Degrees / Sp 3.
Serve and Enjoy.
Creamy Bacon, Potato & Thyme Soup
Accessories you need
This Soup is Gluten Free.
Substitute olive oil for Butter and extra stock and nut milk for cream to make it dairy free.
Omit the bacon if serving to Vegetairians.
This soup is best served with traditional Brown Irish Soda Bread - recipe to follow.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Healthy Coconut Custard
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Malt loaf
- Varoma Porridge for one
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Apple and Date Hot Cross Buns
- Cheese and bacon bread
- Heavenly Hot Cross Buns
- Mangoffee Protein Shake
- KETO cloud bread
- My Version of Sous Vide Eggs
- Cheesecake filled Easter eggs