- 20 g olive oil
- 100 g brown onion, peeled, cut into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 8-10 g ginger, peeled
- 180 g potatoes, peeled, cubed 2x2cm
- 220 g sweet potato, peeled , cubed 2x2cm
- 650 g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cubed 2x2cm
- 120 g carrots, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400 can coconut cream
- 60 g Vegetable stock paste
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp curry powder, BABAS brand
- 600 g hot water, (if cold my need to extend cook time)
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Step 1. Add oil, onion, garlic and ginger to bowl with MC inserted. Saute for 3 minutes / varoma temp / speed 1.
Step 2. Add all potatoes, pumpkin and carrot to bowl with MC inserted. Then chop for 20 seconds / speed 4.5. Using spatula scrape down sides of bowl.
Step 3. Add can of coconut cream, stock paste, turmeric and Babas curry powder and up to 600 g hot water (to speed up cooking time). Cook for 25 minutes / temp 100 degrees / speed 1.5
Step 4. Remove lid and allow temp to drop for a minute or two. Place lid back onto bowl with MC inserted and puree using BLEND MODE for 30 seconds / speed 6.
Optional: Serve with salt and pepper to taste and dash of pouring cream
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- All Green Stock Powder
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Recco Classico
- Honey Jumbles - old style
- Fara's Salmon Curry