- 45 g coconut oil, (plus 1 tbsp)
- 80 g brown onion
- 600 g green king prawns, (retain heads and shells for stock)
- 2 sprig parsley
- 1 can Coconut Cream (400ml)
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 4 zucchini, (peeled into ribbons or zoodles)
- 2 spring onions, (chopped)
- Lime wedges & fried garlic, To serve
- 2 tbsp dried chilli flakes, (or to taste)
- 45 g red onion
- 40 g ginger, (peeled, sliced into coins)
- 10 g lemongrass, (roughly chopped)
- 60 g Raw macadamias
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
1h 0minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place all paste ingredients into mixing bowl
Process 10 seconds, Speed 9. Scrape down sides and repeat until paste is formed, add a little water if needed to achieve the right consistency. Set paste aside
WITHOUT WASHING THE BOWL
Place onion in bowl and chop 3 seconds, Speed 5
Add 45g coconut oil. Saute for 3 minutes, 120 deg, Speed 2
Add parsley, prawn shells (and heads!) and 1000g water. Cook for 15 minutes, Varoma, Speed soft
Strain stock into a large jug and set aside
WITHOUT WASHING BOWL
Add 1 tbsp coconut oil, laksa paste and 50g of the coconut cream. Cook for 5 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1, MC OFF
Add prawn stock, rest of the coconut cream and cook for 10 minutes, 100 deg, Speed 1, MC OFF - place simmering basked on top to avoid splatter
Add prawns and cook for a further 5 minutes, 90 degrees, Speed Soft, Reverse. Stir through maple syrup and season to taste.
Pour over zucchini ribbons (or zoodles) in Thermoserver and let sit for 10 minutes
Serve topped with spring onions, fried garlic and a lime wedge.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- GF Pea and Ham Soup
- Rima’s Maryam Mounajed’s ChefItUp’s Lentil Soup
- 20 min Quick & Easy Leek, potato & Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- MN Teta's Hamid Soup
- Grießklöschensuppe (German Dumpling soup)
- Kath's Chicken, Ginger and Turmeric Soup with Pearl Couscous
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Sopa de tomate com ovo escalfado
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Baby's chicken, vegetables and rice all in one (6 months)
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream