- 600 g Jap Pumpkin
- 1 onion, Cut in half
- 1 garlic clove, Skin removec
- 20 g olive oil
- 1/4 level tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 level tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 level tsp ground cinnamon
- .75 l chicken stock
- 20 g tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon zest
- Optional harrisa paste
Recipe is created for
- 1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees
2. Line baking tray with baking paper. Cut pumpkin into slices and place on tray, bake Jap pumpkin with skin on for 20-30 mins or until soft, allow to cool and remove skin, set aside.
3. Add onion and garlic to bowl and chop speed 7 for 3 seconds
4. Sauté onion and garlic for 3 mins/100oC/speed 2
5. Add cumin, ginger and cinnamon and cook for a further 3 mins/100oC/speed 2
6. Add chicken stock, tomato paste and cook for a further 10 mins/100oC/speed 2
7. Add reserved roast pumpkin and blend for 1 min/gradually increasing speed from 1 to 8 or until smooth.
8. Add salt, pepper to taste along with lemon zest or Harrissa paste.
Accessories you need
Check out the basic cookbook for the chicken stock paste which you can use 40g of paste to 710ml water to make the 750ml chicken stock paste required for this recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Lemony lentils and silverbeet soup (aka adas b hamid)
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Vegetable Soup for the Soul
- Cauliflower and Leek Soup
- Oma’s Goulash Soup
- Keto Cauliflower and Zucchini Soup
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Frenisian Slaw
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Chicken in Black Bean Sauce
- Mince Chow Mein with Pumpkin
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Warm Chilli Con Queso Dip
- Tuna Risotto
- Variation Mexican beans