- 150g split peas
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 clove garlic
- 20g oil
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 medium potato diced
- 1 slice of smoked ham about 1cm thick, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe is created for
Place split peas into TM bowl and mill for 1 minute on speed 9. Set aside.
Place garlic and onions into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7. Add oil and sauté for 10 minutesat100°Conspeed1.
Place pieces of ham hock, carrot, celery, potato and bay leaves in basket and position basket in TM bowl.
Add enough water to fill to the 2 litre line.
Cook for 40 to 50 minutes at 90°C on speed soft with the MC out of lid, cook until potatoes are soft enough
Remove basket, discard bay leaves. Put contents of the basket in thermo bowl.
Add milled peas to the TM bowl mix on speed 4 for about 3 seconds then cook for 20 minutes at 100°C on speed 1.
Add to thermo bowl stir and serve
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Lemony lentils and silverbeet soup (aka adas b hamid)
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Vegetable Soup for the Soul
- Cauliflower and Leek Soup
- Oma’s Goulash Soup
- Keto Cauliflower and Zucchini Soup
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Hainanese Chicken
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Honey Chicken
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough
- Aunty Lizzy’s Butterscotch Tart
- Beanie's Pork and Chive Dumplings
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy