- 150g split peas
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 clove garlic
- 20g oil
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 medium potato diced
- 1 slice of smoked ham about 1cm thick, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe is created for
Place split peas into TM bowl and mill for 1 minute on speed 9. Set aside.
Place garlic and onions into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7. Add oil and sauté for 10 minutesat100°Conspeed1.
Place pieces of ham hock, carrot, celery, potato and bay leaves in basket and position basket in TM bowl.
Add enough water to fill to the 2 litre line.
Cook for 40 to 50 minutes at 90°C on speed soft with the MC out of lid, cook until potatoes are soft enough
Remove basket, discard bay leaves. Put contents of the basket in thermo bowl.
Add milled peas to the TM bowl mix on speed 4 for about 3 seconds then cook for 20 minutes at 100°C on speed 1.
Add to thermo bowl stir and serve
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- GF Pea and Ham Soup
- Rima’s Maryam Mounajed’s ChefItUp’s Lentil Soup
- 20 min Quick & Easy Leek, potato & Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- MN Teta's Hamid Soup
- Grießklöschensuppe (German Dumpling soup)
- Kath's Chicken, Ginger and Turmeric Soup with Pearl Couscous
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Sopa de tomate com ovo escalfado
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Dumplings and broth
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits
- sweet chestnut
- Purple sweet potato soymilk
- Tofu Pudding
- Savoury Scones
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding