- 150g split peas
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 clove garlic
- 20g oil
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 medium potato diced
- 1 slice of smoked ham about 1cm thick, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
8Recipe is created for
Place split peas into TM bowl and mill for 1 minute on speed 9. Set aside.
Place garlic and onions into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 7. Add oil and sauté for 10 minutesat100°Conspeed1.
Place pieces of ham hock, carrot, celery, potato and bay leaves in basket and position basket in TM bowl.
Add enough water to fill to the 2 litre line.
Cook for 40 to 50 minutes at 90°C on speed soft with the MC out of lid, cook until potatoes are soft enough
Remove basket, discard bay leaves. Put contents of the basket in thermo bowl.
Add milled peas to the TM bowl mix on speed 4 for about 3 seconds then cook for 20 minutes at 100°C on speed 1.
Add to thermo bowl stir and serve
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Prawn & Chicken Laksa
- Healthy Green Smoothie
- Fermented cucumbers
- Seedy Cherry-Quinoa Energy Bars
- Snickers Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chai Doughnuts
- Sausage Crumble Style Seitan (Vegan Meat)
- Chicken Fusilli in creamy white wine sauce
- Sticky Date Cake by Thermovic
- Linda's Mum's Lemon Jelly Cake
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey