- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 25 g olive oil
- 2 level teaspoons cumin
- 250 g chicken stock, (homemade, no added salt)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
- pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot, zucchini, (mixed vegetable cut to fit into steamer basket
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
add onion and garlic to bowl and chop 3 seconds speed 7
add oil and saute 3 min, 120 deg, speed 1.
add cumin and cook 2min, 120 deg, speed 1
add vegetable stock concentrate and chicken stock. Insert simmer basket and fill with cut vegetables. Cook 15minutes, Varoma, speed 2.5.
Check vegetables are soft and then tip vegetables into stock below. Puree for 1 minute gradually increasing to speed 9.
Accessories you need
I use mostly pumpkin (japanese pumpkin is best!) and then any other vegetables that I have in the fridge. It is a very thick soup, if you prefer a thinner consistancy add some more chicken stock or water. Serve with toast/bread rolls and a dollop of sour cream!
*If using japanese pumpkin you do not need to peel the skin, just wash thoroughly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Banana Coconut Muffins (gluten free, nut free)
- Rogan Josh
- Shepherds Pie
- Beef and Black Bean with Cauliflower Rice
- Peanut Maple Chicken with coconut rice LOW FODMAP
- BBQ Pulled Pork
- Pesto Salmon with mash and veg
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (egg free)
- Mango yoghurt ice cream
- Apples and Pears in orange juice
- Spag Bol in one bowl
- Salmon with mash, broccolini and asian inspired sauce