- 1 red onion, Cut in half
- 1 red capsicum, Roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 125 g Csabai Sausage, chopped
- 30 g Butter
- 400 g Tinned Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 750 g beef stock, Or a couple of cubes to 750g water
- 2 tsp Worcesterchire Sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 120 g red lentils, washed, Or about 1/2 cup
1. Add onion, capsicum and garlic to bowl and chop on speed 7 for about 3 seconds. Scrape down bowl, add in csabai and butter and saute for 2-5 minutes on Varoma, speed 1.
2. Add in tomato paste, canned tomatoes, stock, sauce, bay leaf and lentils. With the simmer basket on top instead of the MC, cook for 15 minutes on Varoma temp, speed 1. Cook for a few minutes longer if you like the lentils more tender.
3. Remove bay leaf, season with salt to taste and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley and cracked black pepper.
You could change the sausage to any you prefer, it doesn't have to be spicy. This is also quite nice without any sausage at all, making it a very budget friendly meal.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Potato, Leek and Bacon Soup
- Curried Choko & Bacon Soup
- Cauliflower & Bacon soup