- 1 red chilli, dried, Chopped roughly and soaked in hot water
- 1 long red chilli, Chopped roughly
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots, Or red onion if none available
- 1 level tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 level tsp shrimp paste
- Reserved chilli soaking water
- 1 cans coconut milk
- 400 g water
- 2 level tbsp chicken stock paste, Or to taste
- 2 stalks lemongrass, Pounded
- 3 leaves Kaffir lime leaves, Remove stem, and tear or slice very thin
- 2 level tablespoons fish sauce
- I heaped tsp palm sugar
- 500 g skinless chicken thigh, Chopped into 2-3 cms pieces
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place dried red chilli, fresh chilli, garlic, shallots, salt and shrimp paste into bowl. Chop, MC inserted, speed 10 for 3 seconds. Scrape down the sides of bowl and repeat. Add the chilli soaking water a few tablespoons at a time and repeat the chopping process until you have a smooth paste.
Add coconut milk, water , chicken stock paste and chicken. Cook at 100 degrees, 20 mins, speed 1 "Counter-clockwise operation" . If the chicken requires more cooking time add another 2-5 minutes.
Add lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves, then to adjust the balance of flavours, add the fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Stir to combine for 1 minute, speed 1 "Counter-clockwise operation" . If required remove lemon grass (I leave it in) and serve in bowls topped with curled spring onions and slices of thinly sliced chilli.
Accessories you need
This recipe is based on Spirit House' Coconut Soup of Smoked salmon and is delicious and easy to make. If you want to make the smoked salmon version, use 300g of smoked trout, flaked into the bottom of the soup bowls, omit chicken from the cooking process. Pour the hot soup over salmon to heat through and serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy bean soup
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Fennel Soup
- Ira's Borsch (Beetroot Soup)
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- Roasted sweet potato and carrot soup
- Corn Chowder
- Variation Creamy Cauliflower, Potato & Bacon Soup
- Immunity Boosting Chicken Soup
- Chicken & Cauliflower
- Coconut turmeric chicken broth
- Pumpkin Soup
- Romany Poultry Man’s Pie
- Steamed Salmon with Green Peppercorn sauce and Vegetables
- Matt Preston's Lamb, cashew and pineapple braise (adapted from lamb, walnut and pineapple braise - from 100 Best recipes
- Easy Spaghetti alla Bolognese
- Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca
- Vietnamese Beef with Lemon Grass and Chilli - converted from a Golden Lotus cooking class
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Donna Hay's Thai Chicken Soup
- Kylie Simpson's Rice Pudding with Earl Grey soaked Prunes and Brandy Syrup
- Green Thai Curry - Ben Milbourne's Masterchef recipe
- George Calombaris' Homemade baked beans
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Noodles with Soya Bean Soup (Korean Kong Guk Su)
- Pandan Chiffon Cake by Ivana
- Meat Free Burger Patties
- Variation Quick and easy bread rolls
- Honey Soy Marinade
- Spinach ricotta star
- Sweet Potato & Broccoli Savoury Pancakes (BLW friendly)
- Garlic Rice
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Fennel Soup
- Muliti-Purpose Yummy Green Sauce
- Thermo Lex peanut bliss balls