- 1 Jap Pumpkin, approx 1 kg of flesh only
- 1 Brown onion quartered
- 3 Shallots cut into three inch length
- 30 grams Butter
- 3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoon brown sugar
- 500 gram chicken broth, About two cups
- 150 gram Chicken Cream, To taste
- Salt and pepper, To taste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place quartered onions and shallot lengths into bowl. Chop 4 seconds/speed 5.
Add 30 grams butter. Sauté 51/2 minutes/120 degrees/Speed 1
Add diced pumpkin flesh, cumin powder (3 teaspoons), brown sugar (3 teaspoons), and cook for 10 minutes/120 Degrees/slowest speed (stirring spoon).
Add two cups chicken broth. Cook 25 minutes/100 degrees/slowest speed (spoon).
When cooked blend 30 seconds/speed 5 increasing to speed 9 - please be sure to have the MC on for all steps but particularly this step or it won't be pretty..
If eating straight away add cream (1/2 cup) and stir 15 seconds/speed 4
Accessories you need
This recipe freezes really well (without the cream) and makes for a yummy starter or meal with crusty bread on a cold winters night.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.
- The Best Pumpkin Soup Ever
- Cream of Celery Soup for Two
- zucchini & chorizo soup with haloumi
- Cauliflower and Turmeric Soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- Meatball Surprise Soup
- Winter vegetable soup with Asian flavours
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- Baked Snickers Cheesecake
- Spicy Tomato Soup
- Curry Puffs (Samosa's)
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
- Scones like Nana used to make
- Lemon Meringue Crumble Slice
- Chocolate Caramel Fudge Cake
- Chocolate Caramel Slice
- Iced Puff Pastry
- Lemon Curd Cheesecake Slice
- Chewy Anzac Biscuits
- Curry Pea Soup
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Pumpkin lasagne
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Durban Naan
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Banana Nut Bread
- Tuna Mornay
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Apricot Slice
- Russian Honey Cake