- 1 Jap Pumpkin, approx 1 kg of flesh only
- 1 Brown onion quartered
- 3 Shallots cut into three inch length
- 30 grams Butter
- 3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoon brown sugar
- 500 gram chicken broth, About two cups
- 150 gram Chicken Cream, To taste
- Salt and pepper, To taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place quartered onions and shallot lengths into bowl. Chop 4 seconds/speed 5.
Add 30 grams butter. Sauté 51/2 minutes/120 degrees/Speed 1
Add diced pumpkin flesh, cumin powder (3 teaspoons), brown sugar (3 teaspoons), and cook for 10 minutes/120 Degrees/slowest speed (stirring spoon).
Add two cups chicken broth. Cook 25 minutes/100 degrees/slowest speed (spoon).
When cooked blend 30 seconds/speed 5 increasing to speed 9 - please be sure to have the MC on for all steps but particularly this step or it won't be pretty..
If eating straight away add cream (1/2 cup) and stir 15 seconds/speed 4
Accessories you need
This recipe freezes really well (without the cream) and makes for a yummy starter or meal with crusty bread on a cold winters night.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- Baked Snickers Cheesecake
- Spicy Tomato Soup
- Curry Puffs (Samosa's)
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
- Scones like Nana used to make
- Lemon Meringue Crumble Slice
- Chocolate Caramel Fudge Cake
- Chocolate Caramel Slice
- Iced Puff Pastry
- Lemon Curd Cheesecake Slice
- Chewy Anzac Biscuits
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Grain free chocolate mud cake cupcakes
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Nut butter Porridge
- Protein Bars
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Satay Chicken
- marble cheese brownies