- 1 --- onion, (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 40 gram olive oil
- 400 gram Tomatoes (diced), Tinned or Fresh
- 2 tablespoons TM vegetable stock
- 500 gram water
- 400 gram Chickpeas, (Tinned or pre-soaked)
- 50 gram red lentils, (Rinse, add more for a chunkier soup)
- bunch leaves Basil (fresh), Depends on how much you like
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes, or fresh chilli (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, (optional)
Peel and quarter the onion if using, and peel the garlic.
Place into thermomix and chop for 5 seconds, speed 7.
Add in olive oil and saute for 3mins, 100oC for 3 mins.
Add the tomatoes, vegetable stock, sugar (if using), chilli flakes and the lentils. Cook for 7mins, 100oC, reverse, soft speed.
Add the chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes, 100oC, reverse, soft speed.
Season to taste. Pour soup into thermo server. Chop or tear the basil and stir into the soup.
Serve with your favourite crusty thermomix bread.
Garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some fresh basil.
Note: You could use any white beans, eg. haricot, cannellini. You can also substitute flat leaf parsley for the basil.
This recipe was adapted from //eatlikeagirl.com/2007/05/17/chickpea-tomato-red-lentil-basil-soup/ that I have been making for a few years. I love it as a cold soup in summer.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Prawn & Chicken Laksa