- 200 g Green French Lentils
- 100 g parmesan, cut into large cubes
- 50 g olive oil
- 1 clove garlic fresh, peeled
- 1 leek, large, cut into approx 3 cm chunks (cut white piece away from the green end then trim the rough pieces from the top cut down the middle to expose the layers of the green end and wash well and include this in soup)
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 3
- 6 sprigs parsley, fresh, leaves only
- 250 g Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 1 heaped tablespoons TM vege stock
- 1/2 bunch spinach, can use silverbeet instead
- 1.2 litre water
- 1 lemon juice
- salt pepper, to taste
8Recipe is created for
Place TM Basket into TM Bowl and set scales – weigh lentils remove TM basket and soak lentils in cold water whilst preparing rest of ingredients (lentils can stay in TM Basket as long as they are covered with water – leaving them in basket makes it easier to drain later)
Place parmesan into TM Bowl and set to speed 9 for 5 seconds – remove from TM Bowl and place in small serving dish
Place parsley into TM Bowl – speed 7 for 10 seconds – remove from TM Bowl and set aside
Place carrots and sweet potato into TM Bowl - speed 4 for 7 – 10 seconds till evenly chopped – remove from TM Bowl and set aside
Place garlic into TM Bowl – speed 5 for 5 seconds leave in TM Bowl
Place leek into TM Bowl – Speed 4 for 7 seconds
Add olive oil or butter and set timer to 8 minutes, temperature 100* speed 1 reverse with MC in lid
Add strained lentils, carrots, sweet potato, water, stock concentrate and thyme sprigs to TM Bowl, set timer for 40 minutes, temperature 100* speed 1.5 reverse
Remove lid and using TM Spatula – remove thyme stalks (they should appear when you mix the soup upwards in the TM Bowl)
Add chopped parsley, black pepper to taste and lemon juice – If using shredded silverbeet, add this now. Place lid on TM Bowl and mix speed 1.5 reverse for 10 seconds (if necessary you can cook silverbeet for a few minutes) If using baby spinach leaves, place a small handful into each bowl you are going to serve.
Pour soup onto baby spinach leaves and sprinkle with parmesan.
NOTE: lentils require shorter cooking time if they have longer soaking time prior to cooking
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.