- 500 grams Raw Prawn Meat
- 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 grams fresh ginger
- 1 handful corriander
- 1 red onion, peeled and halved
- 15 grams fresh ginger, peeled and cut into discs
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch Fresh Corriander
- 250 g shortcut bacon, roughly diced
- 1 tablespoon Thai Green Curry Paste, (Optional. Add less or more to suit taste)
- 800 g sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 700 g water
- 1 tablespoon Chicken stock concentrate
- natural yogurt, to serve
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place the garlic, ginger, corriander and lime rind in the Thermomix bowl. Chop speed 6 for 3 seconds.
2. Scrape out into a large bowl and add the juice from the lime. Toss the prawns through the marinade and set aside while you make the soup.
3. Once soup has cooked heat a non-stck fry pan or grill pan and cook the prawns.
1. Place the onion, ginger, garlic, corriander, bacon and curry paste (if using) in the Thermomix bowl. Chop for 5 seconds speed 6. Scrape down the bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 100°C, speed 1.
2. Scrape down the bowl and add the sweet potato, water and stock concentrate. Cook for 25 mins, 100°C, speed 1.
3. Process the soup for 1 minute speed 9, gradually increasing the speed over the first 30 seconds.
4. Serve the soup with the prawns and a dollop of natural yogurt.
Accessories you need
Other seafood such as firm fish, squid or mussles also work well with this dish.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup