- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 30 grams Butter
- 1/2 level tablespoon curry powder, I use Keens
- 1/4 level teaspoon Garam Masala spice
- 100 grams bacon, torn to 5cm lengths
- 700 grams pumpkin, chopped to 3x3cm cubes (including skin and seeds if you like!)
- 100 grams peeled carrots, chopped, aprox 1-2
- 200 grams sweet potato, chopped to 3x3cm cubes (including skins)
- 500 grams water
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock paste, (or veggie stock paste)
- 100 g cream
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add onion, garlic and bacon to Thermomix bowl. Chop 4 secs / sp 5. Scrape down edges and add butter and spices (you could use more if you like). Saute 3 mins / Varoma temp / Sp 1.
- Add pumpkin, carrots, potato and up to 500g of water (don't go over the maximum level on the jug!). Don't worry if it looks like there isn't enough liquid added as a lot of liquid will come out of the vegetables while cooking!) Add stock concentrate and cook 30 mins / 100° / Sp 1.
- SLOWLY turn the speed dial up to Sp 4 until balanced and no longer vibrating. Once settled, slowly turn speed dial up to Sp 9 / 1 min. Add cream and combine 5 secs / sp 4. Pour into Thermoserver until ready to serve. Enjoy with crusty bread.
Accessories you need
This recipe is a hybrid of my two most favourite soup recipes, come together in one delicious mouthful )
Carolas pumpkin soup, which can be found here; https://www.recipecommunity.com.au/soups-recipes/carolas-pumpkin-soup/5ifjyeis-b760c-015648-cfcd2-s71vqnvw
and Skinnymixers coconut curried pumpkin soup, which can be found here; http://skinnymixers.com.au/skinnymixers-coconut-curried-pumpkin-soup/
CAUTION: Please ensure that the jug is not overly filled (anything above the 2 litre mark can cause serious burns when you are blitzing the soup smooth)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Sopa de tomate com ovo escalfado
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Caramel Coconut Slice
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Butterfly cakes
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce (vegan, nut free) adapted from pinch of yum
- Beetroot Burgers
- New York Baked Cheesecake
- Nan's Choc Chip Biscuits
- Anne's Tomato Relish
- Chelsea Winter's Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free, dairy free)
- Raspberry Rounds
- Chilli Chicken Saag