- 35 grams Butter
- 1 leek (or 2 if Small), Roughly Chopped
- 1 Onion, medium, peeled, Roughly Chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, Roughly Chopped
- 700 grams potatoes, Roughly Chopped
- 600 grams Liquid Chicken Stock, (or 750g water + 2-3 tspn stock powder)
- 100 grams Evaporated milk or cooking cream
- 200 grams diced Cooked bacon, This is to top off the soup when serving
Recipe is created for
Use MC throughout whole cooking process
1. Add Leeks, Onion & Garlic to bowl. Chop 5secs, speed 5.
2. Add Butter to bowl. Cook 5mins, speed 1, 100C, scraping down sides of bowl half way through cooking.
3. Add Potatoes and cook another 5mins, speed 1, 100C.
4. Add Stock and cook 20mins, speed 2, 100C, or until potatoes are soft.
5. Puree 45secs by placing MC on lid and gradually increasing speed to speed 8, until mixture is smooth.
6. Add cream or evaporated milk, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cook another 3mins, 100C, speed 2.
8. Serve into bowls and add a small dash of cream to the surface of each. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fakes- Greek Lentil Soup
- Carrot, Ginger and Turmeric Soup
- Turkish Lentil Soup
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Noodle Soup Recipe
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Quick Vegetable Soup
- Creamy chicken and mushroom soup
- Ham and Cheese Soup