- 35 grams Butter
- 1 leek (or 2 if Small), Roughly Chopped
- 1 Onion, medium, peeled, Roughly Chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, Roughly Chopped
- 700 grams potatoes, Roughly Chopped
- 600 grams Liquid Chicken Stock, (or 750g water + 2-3 tspn stock powder)
- 100 grams Evaporated milk or cooking cream
- 200 grams diced Cooked bacon, This is to top off the soup when serving
Recipe is created for
Use MC throughout whole cooking process
1. Add Leeks, Onion & Garlic to bowl. Chop 5secs, speed 5.
2. Add Butter to bowl. Cook 5mins, speed 1, 100C, scraping down sides of bowl half way through cooking.
3. Add Potatoes and cook another 5mins, speed 1, 100C.
4. Add Stock and cook 20mins, speed 2, 100C, or until potatoes are soft.
5. Puree 45secs by placing MC on lid and gradually increasing speed to speed 8, until mixture is smooth.
6. Add cream or evaporated milk, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cook another 3mins, 100C, speed 2.
8. Serve into bowls and add a small dash of cream to the surface of each. Enjoy!
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Miso soup with prawns and mushroom
- Best Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Chinese Chicken and sweetcorn soup
- THERMOMUMMA HEARTY CHICKEN, VEGE & BROWN RICE SOUP
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- Spicy bean soup
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Fennel Soup
- Ira's Borsch (Beetroot Soup)
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- Roasted sweet potato and carrot soup
- Corn Chowder
- Chocolate Fudge Slice (No Bake)
- KETO FRIENDLY SALSBURY STEAK WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Inky's (dairy free) Rhubarb & Raspberry Curd
- Semolina Cake
- Best Lemon Slice
- Satay Marinade
- Macadamia Butter Toffee Crunch
- Armenian Nutmeg Cake
- Basmati rice pilaf with fruit and nuts
- Lemon Cloud Cheesecake
- No-bake Lemon Fudge (adapted from Wendyl Nissen)
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes