- 1.5 zucchini, Large
- 1 carrot, Large
- 1 apple, Small
- 130 grams coconut oil, Or butter
- 150 grams honey, Or rice malt syrup
- 150 grams Maple Syrup, pure, Can reduce to taste
- 2 eggs
- 2 level tsp vanilla extract
- 350 grams spelt flour, Can use wholemeal, all purpose, gluten free, oat or any combination of flours
- 3 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 level tsp baking powder
- 2 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 level tsp salt, Can reduce to half
- 1/4 level tsp Nutmeg
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 175. Line cupcake tray with liners, mini or regular.
Cut zucchini into thirds, place in bowl, sp 5, 5 sec, scrape down sides and repeat if required. Scrape zucchini into a sieve to drain out the liquid (which you'll discard).
Cut carrot into third, cut apple into quarter and remove core (I leave skin on apple and carrot). Sp 5, 5 sec. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary (you want it very finely grated).
Leave carrot and apple in bowl and add all other ingredients (including zucchini). Mix 10sec, sp 5. Scrape down sides and repeat. Occasionally the recipe is still very thick at this point (depends on the moisture in the apple and veg) if so add a few tbl of milk (I use almond) and remix, 5 sec sp5.
Spoon mixture into cupcake liners, I generally fill a tray of regular (12), mini (24) and another half tray of regular (6).
Minis will only need to be baked for 12 or so minutes, regular 18-20 minutes.
Check the oven as you bake or use the skewer test to ensure they are baked through.
These are delicious, super forgiving, easy to rotate flours, change sweetness and freeze superbly! My son eats tons of these and has no idea about the hidden veg!
Accessories you need
Swap Vegies if needed - no carrot use all zucchini, no apple use pear or leave it out and use more zucchini.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thai-Inspired Peanut Superfood Slaw
- Amaretti with Cherry on Top
- Picnic eggs
- Turkey Stuffing
- Pumpkin spice margarita
- mykidslickthebowl.com Chocolate Hummus
- Chicken Chorizo and Cheese Sausage Rolls
- Low FODMAP Basil Spinach Pesto
- Lemon Yogurt Cake
- The Best Keto Brioche Buns Ever!
- Low Calorie Custard Puffs